Skin problems in horses are common and can be difficult to diagnose. Our internal medicine specialists have access to our comprehensive laboratory services, which is invaluable in cases where underlying or concurrent disease is suspected.
Our hospital offers routine appointments and accepts referrals for all types of dermatological conditions, including:
- Allergies/immune mediated conditions
- Infectious diseases (bacterial, fungal, parasitic, protozoal or viral)
- Congenital disorders
- Chemical and toxic dermatoses
- Changes in skin or hair colour
- Localised or widespread swelling, or nodular diseases
- Nutritional disorders
- Endocrine disorders
- Traumatic or physical disorders
Our hospital clinicians work alongside Janet Littlewood, who is an RCVS recognised Specialist and acts as our consultant in dermatology. She holds the RCVS Diploma in Veterinary Dermatology and has over 25 years' experience in referral veterinary dermatology, built on a sound foundation of training and interest in general internal medicine.