Guests at our recent Understanding Complementary Equine Therapies special evening event donate to Riding for the Disabled.
A prize raffle, held in support of Hertfordshire Riding for the Disabled, at our Understanding Complementary Equine Therapies special evening event, raised a total of £500 which is being donated directly to the RDA East Region.
Suzanne Charlton, the RDA’s Hertfordshire County Chairwoman who attended the event said: “…the evening was a great opportunity to spread the word about what we do and the money will be put to good use within the county; it will enable me to organise an information evening for all our groups so that we can share ideas for the benefit of all our riders and drivers.”
Susanna Ballinger, Rossdales Hertfordshire Managing Partner commented: “I’m thrilled that Hertfordshire RDA agreed to participate in our evening event. And it is super that we managed to raise £500. All of us at Rossdales Hertfordshire are very much looking forward to supporting the RDA at our future events.”
Congratulations to the lucky prizewinners:
- Annabelle Davies who won an equine physiotherapy assessment and treatment with Susie Grady MSC BSc (Hons) HCSP
- Chelsea Shorter, wins an equine chiropractic assessment and treatment with Carolin Gerdes MRCVS
- Lorraine Nicholson, a veterinary acupuncture assessment and treatment with Emma Hedderson BSc MA VetMB MRCVS
- Barbara Slater and Jo Richards won the RDA gifts pack
- Linda Suiter won the highly coveted Rossdales Hertfordshire Equine First Aid kit
- Sandy Gibbs won the Rossdales Hertfordshire Complete Worming Package
The money raised will be used by the RDA’s nine volunteer groups in Hertfordshire. Each group is self-funded and relies on volunteers and donations. Some groups are small; others are larger but they all offer the opportunity for life enhancing experiences for children and adults alike.
RDA’s Hertfordshire groups are Digswell Place, Gaddesden Place, Harpenden, Herts & Essex Border, North Herts., Rossway, Stevenage & District, Warrenwood, Waverley Driving.
Find out more about the terrific work of the RDA
Back to news & events